If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I have obtained interest in a Dr. Jart+ Shake & Shot Rubber Hydro Mask, seen in Swiss Sephora recently. Most of you guys voted FOR review, and there you have it. Disclaimer: this post is NOT sponsored.
First of all, the mask immediately caught my attention because the product itself seemed unusual (it reminded me of a sport drink).
And now, having used it, I should say that the packaging does not do this product justice. It actually looks a bit cheap.
So, as you may have guessed by now I was not disappointed. More than that, I am in love!
* This is my 2nd time using Dr. Jart+ product; first was a Rubber Moisturising Mask which I didn't like so much
* I've used a detox mask right before: from Body Shop (Japanese Matcha Tea)
Instead of writing a lengthy review, I am going to break it down for you according to my notes at the time of application & just after.
+ My skin felt much more hydrated and plump than before
+ It genuinely felt like a SPA procedure
+ STEP 2 of the mask contains Sodium Hyaluronate
+ It peels off easily. If you have any issue peeling it off (which is highly unlikely), use warm water
+ Can be (should be?) used on hands, your neck
+ A lot of product (surprisingly I've had some leftovers, I couldn't imagine where else to apply it :D)
+ This mask will brighten your skin
- Time consuming (get ready to spend about 30 min on the process), the whole technology is rather complex for a mask!
- Too much product (can this even be a disadvantage?)
- Spatula is not really useful (easier to apply with hands) - This mask will brighten your skin (too bad if you have sun tan)
**Don't be scared, it looks harder than it is :)
**Shake it fast, it takes less than 2 min for the product to almost solidify
**Feel free to apply it on your hands & neck (that's exactly what I did)
I will recommend this mask to a friend, relative, anyone who wants some quick MAGIC. I believe this mask would be best used before any event. This is by far the best mask I've found & used in the recent time. I'll have to use it a few more times to see if it actually has a cumulative effect.
Let me know if you used Dr. Jart Shake & Shot mask or have experience with similar products? Also I'm open to your beauty recommendations!